We have a vacancy of Production Supervisor in our company, Bridgestone EMIA. This vacancy is based in Brits North-West South Africa. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Production Supervisor
Company: Bridgestone EMIA
Work Type: Contract
City of work: Brits North-West South Africa
URL Expiry: 2022-11-25
Posted on: za.jobsoffices.com
- Type of work: On site
- Type of Contract: Open-ended/permanent
- Full time
- Location: BRITS, South Africa
Bridgestone in Europe, CIS, Middle East, India and Africa (BSEMIA), headquartered in Zaventem (Belgium), is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a global leader providing sustainable mobility and advanced solutions.
In addition to our premium tire products, we offer a growing portfolio of tire-centric and mobility solutions. Together with our partners and guided by “Serving Society with Superior Quality”, that has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931, we are working to accelerate sustainable mobility innovations and solutions. Through innovative technology, we are committed to easier, safer, smoother and seamless mobility for our society and customers improving how people move, live, work and play .
Bridgestone also benefits from a significant retail network throughout the region – in fact our retail presence in the EMIA region is the largest in the tire industry. Through 17 distinct retail partners, we have around 3,500 outlets across Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as around 2,500 outlets through our partner network in India. This network offers a selection of services, concepts and mobility solutions.
At Bridgestone we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we maintain with everyday drivers and this extensive retail network is one of the core reasons why.
In line with the “Bridgestone Essence”, our work environment is based on integrity and teamwork, where everyone can learn from each other and contribute with their own ideas in achieving the coming goals.
We want to hear from people who can take the challenge, unleash their creative potential and contribute to the company success demonstrating ownership, courage and agility. We want you to develop your skills, expand your knowledge and be proud of your work.
We are looking for a Production supervisor reporting directly to the Production line Manager. This is a Local role, based in Brits Operations.
You will couple of high-level sentences to describe the role, including working relations).
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment: Conduct daily safety talk as per prescribed topic during shift start up meeting. Conduct safety walk through activity to identify potential hazards and/or unsafe conditions.
- Volume: Plan people line up and allocation as per the operational need and schedule. Identify potential losses: action and/or re organise. Follow EO performance two hourly – action poor performance.
- Quality: Check and confirm that all production or scheduled changes are done according to standard and in line with the plan. Ensure that quality gates are functioning and are being followed daily. Ensure that you conduct check and confirm activity after every change in the process.
- People management: Ensure that all training activity is recorded in the training register as per the process. Action absenteeism on a shift/daily basis. Initiate disciplinary action if and when required.
- Administration: Ensure overtime approval system and processes are followed. Check and confirm that the requisition and approval process is followed for all supplies and expenses. Ensure the system and process is followed in respect of the issuing and use of PPE.
- Leadership: Conduct shift DDS and line DDS meetings in line with the IWS methodology. Ensure that the EO’s execute their tasks and responsibilities in line with the IWS methodology through effective follow up and COTF (Coaching on the floor). Identify top losses for the shift and allocate resources to address the top losses
- Personality: This is a role for somebody dynamic, energetic, self-driven, results –oriented and above all who has a positive “can do” outlook with a clear focus on deliverables. Highly organized, naturally forward planning, logical, structured thinker who critically assesses his/her own performance.
- Personal Situation: able to commute reliably to office. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Must be able to work shifts, attend meetings.
- Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate coherently. Understands the principles of Manufacturing, has a strong management skill, strong leadership planning and organizational skills essential.
- Leadership, Production Experience: Goodwritten and oral communication skills, problem solving skills, time management skills, computer literacy, ability to work as part of a team and ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Industrial Engineering or Operations Management (added advantage)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of tyre manufacturing industry experience
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in production environment
If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, join us at Bridgestone!
Process Next Steps: All applications will be reviewed. Our HR team will contact those applicants who we would like to invite for the next stage of the recruitment process.
Please don’t hesitate and apply at https://careers.bridgestone-emea.com/
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
You can learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on
Follow Us On Social Media
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMIA’s values at the highest level. This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live. Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organization, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business. We recognize that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate in particular on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.